This week in CSC we began with the basic idea of how computers are based on. If my memory serves right I believe Prof. Heap said computers were based on two principles: digital and binary. He then began discussing part of the logic of how computers work at their most basic form. Essentially it boiled down to things being "on" or "off" (true or false).
I started to get confused when he discussed Boolean arithmetic. Luckily one of the TA's was able to explain it to me and it made much more sense.
After that Heap showed us some cool things in Dr. Racket. He showed us how we can manipulate a list of numbers using certain commands like "map". Then he showed us how to file data into "structures" with an example of a museum of animal name, picture and number of feet they possessed. I thought it was pretty neat that using the structure he produced he was able to extract the information using other commands in Dr. Racket.
The quiz this week tested us on some of the things Professor Heap showed us in lecture. Pretty sure I did well of this quiz. Overall a pretty interesting week in CSC!
No comments:
Post a Comment